Monday, November 3, 2008

No on Prop 8

This blog is pretty nonpolitical but I was just looking at my front-page and an ad for Yes on Prop 8 was on the top. That really pissed me off so I just wanted to go on the record as VEHEMENTLY NO on California Prop 8. It's ludicrous for several reasons but I'm most indignant about the fact that it's a CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT that discriminates against a particular group of people. Here's the opening of the state constitution:

"ARTICLE 1 DECLARATION OF RIGHTS

SECTION 1. All people are by nature free and independent and have inalienable rights. Among these are enjoying and defending life and liberty, acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and pursuing and obtaining safety, happiness, and privacy."

I'll let Samuel L. tell it like it is:

No comments: